Given a database containing some data and the task is to bind a PHP array to it by using MySQL IN() operator. Here we will look at a program that does the needful by taking a PHP array within the query and interpreting it.
SQL IN() Operator: The SQL IN() operator allows you to pass multiple arguments in the where clause. It is often used as the shorthand for multiple OR statements.
SELECT <column_name(s)> FROM <table_name> WHERE <column_name> IN( value1, value2, ...);
PHP implode() function: We will be using PHP predefined function implode() to deal with the array. The implode() function joins the array elements with a string. It requires two parameters to carry out the same. First is the string that will be used to join the array elements that can also be referred to as a glue string. Since it will be used to glue the elements together. Second is obviously the array on which the operation is required to be performed.
string implode(separator, array)
Array Binding: As per our need, we simply need to bind the PHP array to IN() clause and to obtain this functionality, we first need to convert the given array to the form acceptable by the IN() clause, which is a job carried out by PHP implode() function. Also, keep in mind that by passing our array to the function, we are just converting the array in the form acceptable by IN() but it still is the same array.
The following program will help you understand the concept practically and more carefully:
Used DataBase: Here, we will use a database (database name: Geeks) to bind an array to an IN() condition in PHP.
Table name: GFG The table name GFG contains the following information.
Program 1: The following code takes PHP array of IDs from the GFG table and passes it to IN() operator to retrieve names, corresponding to given IDs.
MEGAN GINA DARVY DEBBY MICHEL
Program 2: The following code uses the same information table but retrieves ID corresponding to the names given in the array.
- AngularJS | ng-bind Directive
- AngularJS | ng-bind-html Directive
- AngularJS | ng-bind-template Directive
- AngularJS | angular.bind() Function
- bind command in Linux with Examples
- How to bind 'touchstart' and 'click' events but not respond to both ?
- Difference between on() and live() or bind() in jQuery
- Underscore.js | _.bind() Function
- v-bind Directive in Vue.js
- Node.js socket.bind() Method
- Lodash _.bind() Method
- How to bind 'this' keyword to resolve classical error message 'state of undefined' in React?
- Google AMP amp-bind-recaptcha
- How to calculate area of circle dynamically using amp-bind-macro in Google AMP ?
- What is Initialize state in amp-bind of Google AMP ?
- How to change/update image size dynamically using amp-bind in Google AMP ?
- How to change/update CSS class dynamically using amp-bind in Google AMP ?
- Google AMP amp-bind
- How to change/update text dynamically using amp-bind in Google AMP ?
- How to change/update image dynamically using amp-bind in Google AMP ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.