This post deals with creating a start downloading file using PHP. The idea is to make a download button which will redirect you to another page with the PHP script that will automatically start the download.
Creating a download button:
To redirect to some file which has the file to be downloaded, create an HTML form as shown below.
PHP code to download: When the user clicks the above button, the code will be redirected to the “downloadFile.php” file. Now, use the URL of the file and PHP file_get_contents() function to download the file.
Before running the program:
After running the program:
- CSS | border-start-start-radius Property
- How to scroll automatically to the Bottom of the Page using jQuery?
- How to call a function automatically after waiting for some time using jQuery?
- How to scroll automatically to a particular element using JQuery?
- How to use Bootstrap modal for YouTube videos and play automatically ?
- How to Automatically Close Alerts using Twitter Bootstrap ?
- How to automatically close all collapsible elements inside of the accordion when closing the accordion?
- How to get focused a button automatically when the page load using HTML ?
- Download file from URL using PHP
- How to download a CSV file in PHP that is triggered through a URL ?
- Pytube | Python library to download youtube videos
- Download web page using Java
- YouTube Media/Audio Download using Python | pafy
- How to download Google Images using Python
- HTML | DOM Anchor download Property
- HTML | <area> download Attribute
- HTML | <a> download Attribute
- HTML | download Attribute
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.