This article is about enhancing the User Interface of the mobile application by adding Lottie animation files into our mobile app. The Lottie animations are free to use vector animation files. These animation files can be found at the official site here. Many famous applications use this such as Uber, Netflix, Google, Airbnb, Shopify, etc.
Below is an example of Lottie Animation:
Dynamic properties of Lottie Animations
- These can be used to give the app a theme.
- These can be added in response to any event such as error, success, etc.
- These can be animated to a single part of the animation in response to any user.
- Responding to view sizes or other values not known at design time.
Advantages of Lottie
- It supports a larger set of After Effects features.
- Developers can set the progress to add the animation to a gesture, event, etc.
- Masks are anti-aliased.
- Developers have the freedom to change speed and color of a specific part of an animations dynamically.
Step 1: Add this dependency into the App level gradle module of the project and then sync the gradle with the project. This library enables us to use Lottie’s animations:
Step 2: Choose any animation from here and download the JSON file of animation
Step 3: Now include the XML code into the layout file where you want to show the animation. Here the file name for JSON file is assumed to be animation. Different methods through which Lottie can take JSON files
- A JSON animation: src/main/res/raw
- A JOSN file: src/main/assets
- A zip file: src/main/assets
Below is the XML code:
Step 4:(optional) Adding controls to animation:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- How to Publish Your Android App on Amazon App Store for Free?
- How to add TextSwitcher with animation in Android using Java
- How to add Slide animation between activities in android?
- How to add fading TextView animation in Android
- Android | Running your first Android app
- Android | App to Add Two Numbers
- How to add Rate the App feature in Android
- Android | How to add Radio Buttons in an Android Application?
- How to make Heart Fill animation in Android
- How to insert Slide From Bottom animation in RecyclerView in Android
- BubbleEmitter animation in Android with Examples
- Create an Instagram/Twitter Heart Like Animation in Android
- Bounce Animation in Android
- How to make a phone call from your Android App?
- Why Kotlin will replace Java for Android App Development
- App Development for Android in 2017: Challenges and Solutions
- Android | Creating a Calendar View app
- Adding Firebase to Android App
- How to change the color of Action Bar in an Android App?
- Android App Development Fundamentals for Beginners
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.