How to Add Hyperlink to the Contents of a Cell using Java?
Add a hyperlink to a content of the cell using Java and Apache POI. Apache POI is a Java library that is used to handle Microsoft Office Documents.
There are two ways to install the Apache POI dependency in our java project:
- Download below mentioned Jar files from poi.apache.org/download.html:
- Maven Dependency: Set the following dependency in the maven project as:
<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.poi</groupId> <artifactId>poi</artifactId> <version>3.9</version> </dependency>
- Make a project Using java maven.
- Go to poi.apache.org/download.html and add the dependency into your project. By this, the libraries get imported into your project.
- Now, make a java class under com.mycompany.<Your Project Name> in Source Packages.
- Nice, now you can use the libraries.
- Create a workbook.
- Create a spreadsheet in workbook.
- Create a cell and add color, content and styling to it.
- Add the address and apply the link colors to it.
- Add cell in spreadsheet.
- Repeat step 3 to 5 to write more data
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.