In this article, we define a footer for a document or section by using the <footer> tag. This tag in HTML is used to define a footer of HTML document. This section contains the footer information (author information, copyright information, carriers, etc). The <footer> tag is used within the body tag. The footer tag is new in the HTML5. The footer elements require a start tag as well as end tag.
<footer> Contents... </footer>
A footer element typically contains authorship information, copyright information, contact information, sitemap, back to top links, related documents, etc.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- HTML5 | <footer> Tag
- How to emphasize text in a document using HTML5 ?
- How to define a title for a document using HTML5 ?
- How to define style information of a document using HTML5 ?
- How to specify the main content of a document in HTML5 ?
- HTML | DOM Footer Object
- HTML Course | Building Footer
- How to create footer to stay at the bottom of a Web page?
- How to align buttons in Card footer in Bootstrap ?
- How to append Angular styles in footer ?
- Materialize CSS | Footer
- How to Add a Short Quotation using HTML5 ?
- How to add video in HTML5 ?
- How to Create Section Counter using HTML and CSS ?
- How to redirect to a particular section of a page using HTML or jQuery?
- How to get position of an element relative to the document or parent using jQuery ?
- How to delete text from document using HTML ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.