How to Add a New Column to a Table Using JDBC API?
Java has its own API which JDBC API which uses JDBC drivers for database connections. JDBC API provides the applications-to-JDBC connection and JDBC driver provides a manager-to-driver connection.
Following are the 5 important steps to connect the java application to our database using JDBC.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.
- Registering the Java class
- Creating a connection
- Creating a statement
- Executing queries
- Closing connection
Note: Load mysqlconnector.jar into your program.
- Download MySQLConnect/J (JDBC connector jar file) from the following link https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j
- Select platform-independent in select OS option
- Copy mysql-connector-java-5.1.34-bin.jar file in your project
- Right-click on it, select Build Path ⇾ Configure Build path ⇾ libraries ⇾ Add JARS
- In JAR selection window, select mysql-connector-java-5.1.34-bin.jar library under your project
- Click OK
Create a Database, add a table with records using MySQL cmd.