Many websites use sign-in using social media to make the login process easy for users. In most cases, if the button is clicked then a new popup window is opened where user has to enter their user credentials. Manually one can switch windows in a browser and enter the required credentials to log in. But in case of unattended web access using webdriver, the driver can not just switch the windows automatically. We need to change the window handle in the driver to enter the login credentials in the popup window. Selenium have the function to switch the window to access multiple windows using the same driver.
First, we have to get the current window handle from a webdriver which can be done by:
We need to save it in order to get the to the current window handle. After the popup window appears we have to get the list of all the window handles available right now.
Then we can get the window handle of the login page from this list and then switch the control. To switch window handle, use:
After successful login we can use the same
switch_to method to change control to the previous page.
Note: To run this code selenium library and geckodriver for firefox is required. The installation of selenium can be done using Python third-party library installer
pip. To install selenium run this command
pip install selenium
For geckodriver, download the file and add it’s path to the OS PATH variable, so that it can be activated from anywhere in file directory.
Let’s see the code for login on zomato.com using Facebook.
- Facebook Login using Python
- Python | Popup widget in Kivy
- Python | Popup widget in Kivy using .kv file
- Django Sign Up and login with confirmation Email | Python
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Non blocking wait in selenium using Python
- Why do people prefer Selenium with Python?
- Like instagram pictures using Selenium | Python
- Python | Automating Happy Birthday post on Facebook using Selenium
- Python | os.access() Method
- Create and Access a Python Package
- Python | Safe access nested dictionary keys
- Python | Add Label to a kivy window
- Python | Drawing different shapes on PyGame window
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.