As a fresher, when you step outside and have no idea, how to prepare and how to apply in MNC’s. Then this article is for you.
I am 23 years old, working with Sprinklr, still a fresher, but I have fought a lot to get off-campus placement. So I will tell you some basic steps as a fresher, how you should proceed to prepare for the interviews.
I am assuming, you know the basic syntax for coding, in any language.
How to prepare for interviews?
- Prepare Mathematical section – You may please refer GeeksforGeeks Mathematical section Or HackerRank (Solve around 20 questions with all the test cases passed). This will give you a basic idea, of how to code. – This exercise shouldn’t take more than 3 days.
- Topics need to cover from DS (Arrays, Strings, Searching and Sorting, HeapSort, Recursion, LinkedList, Trees, Graph, Dynamic Programming, Greedy Algorithms, Backtracking) – Now the question, is how to start with these topics.
Please follow the same sequence, as I have written.
- Read the complete introduction from this book. And write running code, in your IDE (Basic code). You may also start your preparation from this guide.
- Go to Practice (Find the same section in Data-structure) – Solve at least 10 questions from the same topic.
- Go to Questions section of the same chapter from the book. (And try to think yourself first, if you aren’t able to get the solution, look for the answer, please read the best approach to solve the question.) It’s mandatory to try every question. – *Try to implement as much as possible*
Give some time, to solve the question on your own. Don’t hurry.
- Alternatively, Data Structure Questions can be practiced on any competitive programming platform. When you’re stuck, and not getting what’s written in the book, refer to GeeksforGeeks or YouTube video if you find any.
- Read and try to solve all these questions: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/amazon-interview-preparation/ – This set contains almost all famous interview questions related to Data-structure.
Now, comes the SQL part :
- Install MySql in your PC.
- Read and implement all the basic queries from https://www.w3schools.com/sql/. Implementation is important.
- Read about DBMS, Joins, Normalization, Keys, ACID Properties from
- Please read carefully, (GroupBy, difference between where and groupBy, Find nth highest salary from the table).
Tada, if you have followed these steps carefully, I am sure, you are prepared to clear 2 rounds of any MNC company.
- Next, Please make some impressive project and mention in your resume. Be careful, you should know everything which is mentioned in your resume. Because, in most companies, now people will focus on what you’ve done extra, for which they will hire you.
- Prepare some puzzles: Can refer GeeksforGeeks puzzle section.
Now you are prepared for the interview and can start applying in companies.
Once, you will start applying in companies, you will get some time, before the interview. This time, you need to solve the random questions of Practice. You may choose the difficulty level to start with. Especially – do Arrays and Strings if you can.
For any queries: Please reach out to email@example.com, Always ready to help. Thank you 🙂
- Capgemini Interview Experience (On Campus 2018)
- Cisco Interview experience (On Campus) 2018
- Dell R&D interview experience
- Persistent Systems Interview Experience
- Samsung Interview Experience | (On-Campus for R & D Noida)
- Deloitte Internship Interview Experience (On-Campus)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 12 (On-Campus)
- Paytm Interview Experience( On Campus )
- LinkedIn Interview Experience (On Campus for SDE Internship)
- How is On Campus Placement different from off-campus placement?
- TCS Interview Experience 2018
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience (For Internship, on campus)
- Samsung R&D Institute Noida(SRIN) Internship interview experience
- Sprinklr On Campus Internship
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 394 (On-Campus Full Time)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.