Geeksforgeeks has always been an integral part of my studies from my 2nd year of college. Searching for a particular topic or subject is easy here so I used to study for college exams from here. When I started my GATE preparation in the 3rd year, I went on the GATE section of GeeksforGeeks and scanned through the syllabus to get some idea about the previous year GATE questions. Since I did not have a strong hold on various subjects, I joined offline coaching and kept on referring GeeksforGeeks for important topics.
Some of the specific ways GeeksforGeeks has helped me are mentioned below:
1. The best site for Data Structures and Algorithms
Data Structures and Algorithms are the best subjects to study from GeeksforGeeks. The various questions and topics are explained thoroughly and this helped me in improving my concepts and question-solving ability. Gate CS corner option in GeeksforGeeks has everything required for GATE CS preparation available at one place.
2. Articles and reference links of other subjects
Subjects like Computer Networks, Operating System, DBMS, Digital logic, etc. have articles on specific topics that are easily available and well structured. I used to refer to them whenever I had a doubt in the offline classes I was taking. Question links are also provided at the bottom of the articles which can be used for practice after covering the topic.
3. Free quizzes and Sudo GATE
I used to solve each and every quiz given on the platform. I also registered in Sudo GATE for online test series so that I can manage my time as well as improve my skills. It was free of cost and had good conceptual questions.
4. Previous year GATE papers
I also solved previous year GATE papers and would suggest everyone who appears for GATE to solve the previous year papers at least twice. Without getting an idea about previous year questions it’s very difficult to even crack GATE. On GeeksforGeeks previous year questions are available in an organized way. You can get topic wise as well as subject wise previous year questions.
5. Questions of other important exams like ISRO, UGC, etc.
GeeksforGeeks has options for a wide variety of questions of important exams. Solving these questions helped me strengthen my concepts and gave me confidence. Some topics in these exams were out of GATE syllabus so I left them and focused on those topics which were in GATE.
6. Last-minute notes
In January before the GATE exam, I also revised everything from the Last minute Notes given on GeeksforGeeks. These were very useful as I did not have the time to go through all the subjects from my notes. Every important formula and key points are given at one place in the Last-minute notes. So it became very easy for me to revise.
I gave the GATE exam in the first week of February and then waited for the answer key. Finally, the answer key was given by GeeksforGeeks and I got 56.33 marks. After counseling on COAP I got IIT Goa Mtech CSE. I can surely say that it would have been very difficult to get these many marks without GeeksforGeeks.
- M.Tech CTARA IIT Bombay Interview Experience
- IIT Madras M.S. Interview Experience
- IIT Kanpur M. Tech Interview Experience
- IIT Madras M. Tech Interview Experience
- GATE Cut-offs needed to get into IITs, NITs, etc
- Gate 2019 Mock Test | Geeksforgeeks Sudo-GATE
- Conversion of S-R Flip-Flop into T Flip-Flop
- Conversion of J-K Flip-Flop into T Flip-Flop
- Conversion of J-K Flip-Flop into D Flip-Flop
- Conversion of S-R Flip-Flop into D Flip-Flop
- How to Get a Job in Indian PSUs?
- Importance of Computer Networking
- Attribute Closure Algorithm and its Utilization
- Parse Tree in Compiler Design
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.