The human brain is one of the most mystic creations, something that helped us leap into the era of existing science and technology. But with the advent of the 21st century, we all have realized that even after having such power in terms of intelligence, we still lack in many aspects which are consciously not in our control. This is where Artificial Intelligence steps in.
In simple terms, we define Artificial Intelligence as ‘Intelligence possessed by machines’. But in a broader aspect, we define this as a simulation of human intelligence so that we can automate tasks that usually require some IQ to be performed. In the upcoming future, Artificial Intelligence seems to be a promising option to perform the tasks that we as humans are not capable to solve with our brain-power.
Researchers and software programmers develop algorithms over time that are imitated step-by-step just like human reasoning and problem-solving abilities. These solutions developed over time are combined so that a bigger problem can be solved further for the better. This ensures that the developers are not ‘re-inventing the wheel’ again and again for much faster and efficient development. Machine learning (ML), a fundamental concept of AI research since the field is introduced is used heavily for development purposes. But the notable fact is that there is no unifying theory or paradigm that unifies AI research. Let us have a look at how Artificial Intelligence is revolutionizing the e-Commerce Industries.
1. Smart Personalized Suggestions: Most of us surely love to buy a lot of stuff online. Similarly, the e-Commerce industry also loves to sell more and more products to earn revenue. This is where personalized suggestions kicks in. Surely, this is a win-win strategy that saves both the consumer the time to search for their required product and server to handle much lesser requests while browsing by the customers. This is done by analyzing their past browsing and purchase history and providing suggestions based on it. It certainly improves the customer-base for the company and helps them dominate over other competitors at the same time.
2. Improved User Experience: Artificial Intelligence can help empower the ways users search for their needs and boost the overall real-life use-cases. For example, searching for an item from an image and suggest other similar products. Just imagine, any item/product you came across anywhere and you can have the power to view and buy it online whenever you feel like it just from an image. For most of us, it would be quite pleasant. Such types of results can be remembered for improved User Experience by the platform over time using Artificial Intelligence.
3. Chat Bots: ChatBot is a specific computer program designed to interact with users which is being improved with Artificial Intelligence and henceforth would eliminate the requirement for providing customer-service. It significantly reduces workforce as larger workforce comes with its own liabilities. Some notable aspects for the same are:
- Extended Accessibility
- Lower Costs
- Improves Customer Engagement
- Gaining insights in the product market
- Improvements from consumer queries etc.
4. Data Privacy: Artificial Intelligence can empower user privacy by providing features to monitor and eliminate the vulnerabilities that usually stays unnoticed on such platforms. This can help prevent repetitive data breaches and ensure a more secure monitored network. This will make customers enjoy seamless transactions without any worry. Let us have a brief review of how Artificial Intelligence is strengthening data security in the E-Commerce industry:
- Detect vulnerabilities and malicious activities that are being carried out.
- Continuous revising prevention measures for enhanced security.
- Automating time-consuming and tedious tasks so that cybersecurity analyst and focus on aspects with more priority thus improving the quality of the security model implemented for the industry.
- Artificial Intelligence can also detect changing patterns and behaviors in the network model so they can be reported directly.
- Constantly evolving as per the data protection standards on demand.
5. Dynamic Pricing using Assortment Intelligence: Intelligent negotiation systems are being evolved to ensure an increased customer base for generating revenue. This is done by attractive offers provided to new users as well as some personalized discounts for retaining customers by analyzing their usage and purchase records.
6. IoT integration: Artificial Intelligence can be coupled with IoT to provide smart functionalities like handling your online orders. For example, a refrigerator that monitors food products inside it and automatically orders online to refill those stocks. Many companies are already working on such ideas to launch revolutionary products. Many wearable technologies are also being developed nowadays in this context.
7. Visual Commerce: Anything which is aesthetically pleasing can trigger impulsive purchases which the user might not have considered buying otherwise. This plays a significant role in the e-Commerce industry as it provides various other features like Automated product tagging. There are some great examples like ‘ViSenze – Artificial Intelligence for Visual Commerce’ which heavily relies on Artificial Intelligence tools to perform these tasks.
Artificial Intelligence is evolving to benefit many different industries. This community of developers from various cross-disciplinary approaches are trying their best to develop for the betterment of society and the future. But most of the advantages that come with this development are also coupled with some unseen foresight and problems. Some believe that at some point in time, robots will be much better and smarter than humans and will start to improve themselves exponentially which somehow threatens the domination of human society. There are more underlying questions are still not answered. All we can do is hope that the future of this technology turns out to be constructive.