Heap data structure can be implemented in a range using STL which allows faster input into heap and retrieval of a number always results in the largest number i.e. largest number of the remaining numbers is popped out each time. Other numbers of the heap are arranged depending upon the implementation.
Operations on heap :
1. make_heap() :- This function is used to convert a range in a container to a heap.
2. front() :- This function displays the first element of heap which is the maximum number.
The maximum element of heap is : 40
3. push_heap() :- This function is used to insert elements into heap. The size of the heap is increased by 1. New element is placed appropriately in the heap.
4. pop_heap() :- This function is used to delete the maximum element of the heap. The size of heap is decreased by 1. The heap elements are reorganised accordingly after this operation.
The maximum element of heap is : 40 The maximum element of heap after push is : 50 The maximum element of heap after pop is : 40
5. sort_heap() :- This function is used to sort the heap. After this operation, the container is no longer a heap.
The heap elements are : 40 30 20 25 15 The heap elements after sorting are : 15 20 25 30 40
6. is_heap() :- This function is used to check whether the container is heap or not. Generally, in most implementations, the reverse sorted container is considered as heap. Returns true if container is heap else returns false.
6. is_heap_until() :- This function returns the iterator to the position till the container is the heap. Generally, in most implementations, the reverse sorted container is considered as heap.
The container is not heap The heap elements in container are : 40 30 25
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Heap Sort for decreasing order using min heap
- Convert min Heap to max Heap
- K-ary Heap
- Binary Heap
- Skew Heap
- K’th Least Element in a Min-Heap
- Max Heap in Java
- Pairing Heap
- Convert BST to Min Heap
- How to implement Min Heap using STL?
- Weak Heap
- Max Heap in Python
- Min Heap in Python
- Convert BST to Max Heap
- Binomial Heap
- Maximum element in min heap
- Minimum element in a max heap
- K-th Greatest Element in a Max-Heap
- Implementation of Binomial Heap
- Where is Heap Sort used practically?
Improved By : SamirKhan