Hashedin Technologies Interview Experience (On-Campus 2020)
Online Coding (Round 1): This is was a very different round from normal coding rounds in which a candidate has to write code on a notepad like an editor, where you can’t be sure about your code since there is no code accepted editor
This round consists of 3 coding questions as follows and you will be given 1-hour duration:-
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Easy Level: https://leetcode.com/problems/find-all-numbers-disappeared-in-an-array/. I have done this question in O(n) time and O(1) space
- Medium Level: Water Jug problem using BFS
- Hard Level: This was similar to the Convex Hull Problem
Tip: Remember that with additional code, you have to write:
- Space and Time Complexity of the code
- Few lines of the intuition behind your approach too
I am able to all 3 questions in this round. From our college out of 300 appearing candidates, only 26 people are able to clear this round
Technical Round 1: The interviewer was very friendly and he started my interview with an introduction. The questions asked were:-
Few questions on basic DS and Algo terms like sorting, searching, heaps, and graphs.
Than he asked me about my favorite algorithm
Than a few key terms on core subjective topics like OS and DBMS
Than two coding asked:
- First was related to string manipulation with a medium difficulty
- Similar to coin change problem (similar to DP), but there is a twist that they have given all the coins in Indian denominations, so this can be done in O(n) time and O(1) space using Greedy Approach
Out of 26 appearing candidates, only 11 are able to clear it.
Technical Round 2: The questions were asked as follows:-
- The coding question asked: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/split-array-two-equal-sum-subarrays/. At that time I have done this question in O(n) time and O(1) space
- I was asked to write the relational schema for Music Player
- Then a few questions around subjects like DBMS, OS, and deep questions in OOPs too
Out of 11 appearing candidates, only 7 are able to qualify for the next round.
Hiring Fitment Round(Similar to HR round): This round is taken by a senior employee of Hashedin.
- Why do you want to choose Hashedin?
- If you get another company offer with greater CTC, will you still join Hashedin?
- Asking questions about family background too
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- If you are a team leader and your client becomes angry over some bug in the project, whom you point out?
Finally, out of 7 candidates, 5 students get selected and 2 were put OnHold for further opportunities. Luckily I am one of the 5 candidates.
Tip: This company more focuses on problem-solving abilities, so be prepared with DS and Algorithms for clearing the interviews.