HashedIn is a cloud-based company that manages SAAS products. It is one of the top leading industries in today’s era. HashedIn has been certified by the Great Place to Work Institute as the best place to work in.
I had my interview process with HashedIn in the month of February and March. On 9th February, I got a mail that my Resume has been shortlisted and Round 1 will be conducted on 10 February.
Round 1(Online Coding Test): It consisted of three programming questions and the duration of the test was 1 hour 30 minutes. The levels of the questions were Easy -> medium -> hard. They were more like puzzles, difficult to understand but easy to solve. I solved all three questions with all test cases passed.
On the same day, I got a mail that I am selected for the technical interview process with HashedIn. It was conducted on 17 February.
Round 2(Technical Interview):
- My technical interview started with my Introduction including my technical stack.
- They gave me two questions on a Google doc and asked me to start solving them using any preferred language.
- Given a head pointer of the LinkedList. Delete the Kth node from last.
- Given an array of repeatable 7,8 and 9 digits. Sort the array in ascending order.
- It was a question of the Dutch National Flag Algorithm. I provided them a fully working code of both the problems, and they also asked me to explain it line by line along with dry run.
- Then they asked me some technical questions related to OOP and my projects including Polymorphism and its types, and they also asked about one of my machine learning-based projects, its algorithm, and approach.
I received a mail. My next interview was scheduled for 25 February.
Round 3(Design Interview):
- This round started with database designing. I was given a problem statement of the help desk support system, and I was asked to design its database schema, along with the keys, constraints, and relationship. After that, I was asked some questions about extracting information from that schema.
- Then they asked me to write a query for:- there are two tables, employee and department. How will I extract the names of the departments which are not present in the employee table?
- Then some theoretical questions like decorators in python, JWT token, how have you done the authentication in your full-stack projects, how to pass data from child component to parent component in react. It was a healthy discussion, I knew about almost everything they asked.
- Then they gave me a coding question that was based on the greedy approach.
- There are some denominations given, we are asked to find the minimum number of coins to get the given amount. I solved it using a greedy approach and discussed it with the interviewer.
- The 4th technical round was optional for the interviewer. If they have any doubt, or they are not satisfied yet, they can schedule another interview. But fortunately, they didn’t schedule it for me.
My HR interview was scheduled for 9th March.
Round 4(HR Interview): The HR asked me the following questions:
- Do you have any plans for higher studies?
- Family background and interests.
- What do you expect from HashedIn?
- Tell me a situation where you have faced difficulty and what approach did you use to solve it?
- What skills do you possess which can help HashedIn to grow?
- Your strengths and weaknesses?
- How was your experience of interviewing with HashedIn?
- Do you remember the panel names who interviewed you?
- Do you have any questions? I asked her to tell me about HashedIn university.
I am happy to announce that I received a selection mail on 10 March. I am joining HashedIn from April onwards.
Tip: Prepare DSA well including dynamic programming, tree, graphs, Greedy, Trie, two pointers, etc. Solve some database schema and system design questions and prepare SQL-joins well.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.