Hashedin now taken by Deloitte came to our campus in pandemic times in August.
It is a good company as told by my seniors. The company came at an acceptable package for freshers in SDE profile. Firstly it will give an internship for the 8th semester.
This is one of the companies which had the most number of technical interviews I ever faced.
Firstly the company took a subjective test on coding where you just have to write code and no compilation is done during the test. The company officials will check the code later. The success to clear this round is to give better commenting at each step of code and good indentation. Out of 400 only 35 selected. We are asked to prepare for 3 rounds of tech interviews and 1 managerial round.
Tech Interview 1: Due to the pandemic all interviews were on Google meet.
The interview asked me 3 questions of which:
- Pattern matching related topic. I told him the backtracking approach which he liked, and I was asked to code it in 3 minutes. He asked me to optimize it. I then used the suffix tree algo or trie. He said ok and asked it to code.
- Find distance between two words is the minimum number of single-character edits (i.e. insertions, deletions, or substitutions) required to change one word into the other. I told him the problem using Levenshtein distance and coded it too.
- He asked to find the dead node in the graph of the connected server and how to remove it. It was a very hard problem where I used DP on the graph and then BFS.
13 were selected for round 2.
Tech Interview 2:
- Create a link list and solve all the topics like insertion, all types of deletion.
- Problem to find rabbit population if two rabbits give birth to two rabbits every month and new babies give new babies in 1 month after their birth. I used Fibonacci rabbit algo at that point. One more question was from DP and some basics definitions like overloading, overriding, and some SQL commands.
Only 8 survived this round
Technical Interview 3: It was on my project on ML and full stacks. Then asked me to build an atm system and also backend working on SQL.
Now 5 students left.
- Introduce yourself and why HashedIN.
I thank Geekforgeeks to have such good study material to make me do this.