One of my College friends referred me for HashedIn off-campus drive in January and I received a test link within 2 days. The test was conducted on an online platform oytmet. The overall Hiring process consists of five rounds one written round, three technical interviews round, and last hr round.
Round 1(Online Test): 3 Programming Questions to be solved in 75 minutes.
- Question-Based on problem-solving where some mathematical trick has to be used.
- Find the longest common substring in an array of strings. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/longest-common-substring-dp-29/
- Evaluate Postfix Expression given in a form of a string.
I have solved two questions completely and one question partially and got shortlisted for further process.
Round 2(Technical Interview 1): Firstly we had a discussion on oops paradigms with some real-life examples. The interviewer is more interested in whether I know the real use-cases of oops paradigms or not. Some basic questions on operating systems and DBMS like deadlock, threads, Transactions, Acid Properties again the interviewer is more interested in real-life examples of these concepts.
- Given an array of intervals where intervals[i] = [starti, endi], merge all overlapping intervals, and return an array of the non-overlapping intervals that cover all the intervals in the input. https://leetcode.com/problems/merge-intervals/. Asked me to write a fully functional code for this problem.
- Detect loop in a linked list. (Most optimized solution).https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/detect-loop-in-a-linked-list/
- Intersection point of two linked lists. https://leetcode.com/problems/intersection-of-two-linked-lists/
The interview ended in 1hr.
Round 3 (Technical Interview 2): We had a discussion on my projects which are based on front-end development. The interviewer is more interested in the framework I have used. Since I built it using vanilla.js.
Some questions on Operating Systems like deadlock prevention and recovery management, oops paradigms, and C++ specific questions.
- She asked me to design a snake and ladder game while keeping Object-oriented programming in mind and then asked me to write a production-ready code. After that, she asked me to optimize my logic of the game I did the same using hashmaps. In the end, she asked me to explain the time complexity of the game since the game involves the rand() function so it’s a bit tricky to explain.
Round 4(Technical Interview 3): Optional
- Based on your previous performances in Interviews 3rd round is conducted.
Round 5(HR Interview): Basic HR questions
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Family Background, hobbies, higher studies plans?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- Prepare theory topics like OOPs, DBMS, CN, Operating systems with proper use cases and real-life applications.
- A good grasp on DS/ALGO is a must to crack a company like HashedIn. They focus a lot on your problem-solving abilities.
I am going to join HashedIn By 14 June 2021.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.