Hashedin by Deloitte Interview Experience for Software Engineer-1 (Off-Campus)
Hi, I am going to share my Interview Experience with Hashedin by Deloitte. I have received mail from HR for the Interview Process.
Round 1(Technical Interview Round): First Round was based on Data Structures and Algorithms and Some Core Computer Science Problems. The interviewer was very humble and polite. The interview started with a small introduction.
Questions asked were:
- All combinations of balanced parentheses. I gave him the recursive approach for this Problem, But I was missing some base case and some corner case, so he gave me a little hint then I got the missing point and wrote the code.
- Find the row with the maximum number of 1s. Firstly, I gave him the Brute force Approach with two nested for loops and He told me to optimize the approach, then I gave him Binary Search Approach in n*log(m) time complexity, He was not satisfied, after that I gave him two pointers approach in O(n+m) Time Complexity and He was satisfied with my Approach. Then he asked me to write the clean code.
- Some Time Complexity Problems. He gave me some Pseudo codes and ask me to find the Time complexity.
- Problems Based on OOPs. He asked me some Problems Based on OOPs like Concepts of OOPs and Function Overloading and Function Overriding etc.
- SQL Queries. He asked me some SQL queries like Second Max Salary.
Round 2(Technical Interview Round): The Second Round was also based on Data Structures & Algorithms and some Core Computer Science Problems. He was very friendly in nature. I gave him my Introduction and started with Interview Questions.
- Story-Based Problems Based on Matrix Chain Multiplication. He gave me some story-based problem statement and asked me the approach then asked me to write the code. First I thought about the Greedy approach then I clicked the logic of Dynamic Programming with Matrix Chain Multiplication. I Explain him the Logic of DP(MCM).
- Maximum Area of Island of 0s and 1s. He asked me about this problem so I gave him DFS Approach with an Explanation and he suggested that Don’t try to jump directly to the Optimal solution. So I did this mistake. I directly jumped to the optimal approach.
- Operating System Problems. He asked me some Operating Systems problems. Difference between Thread and Process.
Round 3(Behavioral Round):
- Introduction in Detail
- Some Idea about College Projects.
- Why Hashedin?
- He asked some problems based on decision-making.
- He asked me for higher studies so I told him that I have not thought about that.
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
- Strength and Weakness.
- Any Questions for me?
- Try to discuss your thoughts with the Interviewer.
- Never jump directly to the optimal solution, first go with the brute force approach then go for the optimized one.
- Try to take meaningful variable names while writing the code.
- Go with the GeeksforGeeks Interview Experience before the Interview.
- Never Give Up.