Hashedin by Deloitte Interview Experience for Software Engineer-1 (Off-Campus)
Hi, I am going to share my Interview Experience with Hashedin by Deloitte. I have received mail from HR for the Interview Process.
Round 1(Technical Interview Round): First Round was based on Data Structures and Algorithms and Some Core Computer Science Problems. The interviewer was very humble and polite. The interview started with a small introduction.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Questions asked were:
- All combinations of balanced parentheses. I gave him the recursive approach for this Problem, But I was missing some base case and some corner case, so he gave me a little hint then I got the missing point and wrote the code.
- Find the row with the maximum number of 1s. Firstly, I gave him the Brute force Approach with two nested for loops and He told me to optimize the approach, then I gave him Binary Search Approach in n*log(m) time complexity, He was not satisfied, after that I gave him two pointers approach in O(n+m) Time Complexity and He was satisfied with my Approach. Then he asked me to write the clean code.
- Some Time Complexity Problems. He gave me some Pseudo codes and ask me to find the Time complexity.
- Problems Based on OOPs. He asked me some Problems Based on OOPs like Concepts of OOPs and Function Overloading and Function Overriding etc.
- SQL Queries. He asked me some SQL queries like Second Max Salary.
Round 2(Technical Interview Round): The Second Round was also based on Data Structures & Algorithms and some Core Computer Science Problems. He was very friendly in nature. I gave him my Introduction and started with Interview Questions.
- Story-Based Problems Based on Matrix Chain Multiplication. He gave me some story-based problem statement and asked me the approach then asked me to write the code. First I thought about the Greedy approach then I clicked the logic of Dynamic Programming with Matrix Chain Multiplication. I Explain him the Logic of DP(MCM).
- Maximum Area of Island of 0s and 1s. He asked me about this problem so I gave him DFS Approach with an Explanation and he suggested that Don’t try to jump directly to the Optimal solution. So I did this mistake. I directly jumped to the optimal approach.
- Operating System Problems. He asked me some Operating Systems problems. Difference between Thread and Process.
Round 3(Behavioral Round):
- Introduction in Detail
- Some Idea about College Projects.
- Why Hashedin?
- He asked some problems based on decision-making.
- He asked me for higher studies so I told him that I have not thought about that.
- Where do you see yourself after 5 years?
- Strength and Weakness.
- Any Questions for me?
- Try to discuss your thoughts with the Interviewer.
- Never jump directly to the optimal solution, first go with the brute force approach then go for the optimized one.
- Try to take meaningful variable names while writing the code.
- Go with the GeeksforGeeks Interview Experience before the Interview.
- Never Give Up.