HashedIn by Deloitte Interview Experience for SDE Intern+FTE | (Off-Campus) 2022
It was an off-campus opportunity. The application link was shared on LinkedIn by an Employee at Hashed In. After filling out the form I received the online test link along with the Job Description within a week or so.
- Online Test
- Technical Interview 1
- Technical Interview 2
- Fitment Round/HR round.
Round 1: Online Coding Test
- Medium: Codility platform.
- Time Given: 1.5 hrs.
This round consisted of 3 DSA based Questions.
- Level: Medium: https://www.chegg.com/homework-help/questions-and-answers/call-sequence-integers-spike-first-increase-strictly-decrease-also-strictly-including-last-q83269621
- Level: Hard: A slight variation was there in the test cases when compared to GFG. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/count-of-different-numbers-divisible-by-3-that-can-be-obtained-by-changing-at-most-one-digit/
- Level: Easy: https://app.codility.com/programmers/task/shortest_adj_seq/
I was able to complete all the questions completely and before time.
- You can Submit a question only once.
- When you Test your code it will be checked against the sample test cases only.
- So make sure to verify that your code should cover all corner test cases as well.
Result: I got a mail after 2 days of online test for the next round.
Round 2: Technical Interview-1
- Medium: Zoom Call
- Time: 1 hr.
Basic Questions on Introduction and Resume:
- How are you doing? How’s the COVID situation in your place? Is your college open?
- After basic questions revolving around my whereabouts, he asked me to introduce myself.
- He picked some projects which intrigued him and started shooting questions about them.
- I had prepared it on my own from scratch so I could answer all his queries with ease.
- He asked me about my recent internships. Tech stacks that I am working on. Hardships I am facing. So on, so forth.
Theory Questions around CS Fundamentals: The interviewer covered all the core subjects:(CN/ DBMS/ OS/ OOP). So be well versed with them before the interview.
- What do you know about SQL Views?
- What are the different types of VPN?
- What is IPV6? Main Purpose.
- What is Indexing in a Database?
- What is Data Abstraction?
- What do you mean by thrashing?
- What is the difference between Multitasking and Multiprogramming?
Coding part: He asked me to share my screen and open any IDE. He pasted the question in the Chat Box.
- I was asked to find the Minimum length of the Subarray with a Sum greater than a given K. The length and the subarray was to be shown in the output. I explained the optimal solution at the first go. The interviewer asked me what would be the time complexity of the solution that I proposed. After that he said me to code it. My code successfully covered all the test cases that he gave. 🙂
- Triplet Sum Question. I went for Brute Force and then optimal. Again. I could code and run it entirely.
After 2 days, I got a call for the next round.
Round 3: Technical Interview-2
- Medium: Zoom Call
- Time: 1.5 hr.
This round revolved around “Low-Level Design” or “DB schema Designing”. It’s generally a little challenging for freshers like us. But from my experience they judge you on a few parameters:
- Your approach to a real-world problem.
- Your thinking ability.
- Basic knowledge of OOP implementation.
- And, the correct usage of Data Structures.
This time the interview didn’t even ask me to introduce myself.
- He started by saying, I can see a lot of Experience in your Resume.
- He asked me to share my screen and sent me a google doc where he had given 2 strings and explained the question. https://leetcode.com/problems/multiply-strings/. Note: You must not use any built-in Big Integer library or convert the inputs to integer directly. He gave strings of length around 60-80. He said that syntax doesn’t matter to him only the logic does. I explained my approach and he asked me to code it. After I finished coding he asked me to explain my code line by line. He was completely satisfied with my approach. 🙂
- I was asked about the Low-Level System Design on an Elevator. I discussed the approach. He said that I was going in the correct direction. I made the prototype and coded 2 functions of the elevator. We discussed various approaches and many cases. The key is to communicate with the interviewer and think of all possible solutions. He said, we exceeded the time and we wrapped up the interview.
The next day morning, I got a call from HR and she informed me that I’ll be having my HR round.
Round 4: Fitment Round
- How are you doing? Tell me about your family your interests/hobbies.
- Since I lead a club, she asked me everything about it.
- The challenges we faced in our club during Pandemic.
- Why Hashed In?
- Do you hold any offers currently? CTC offered by them.
- Will you be available for an internship?
Same day at night! They informed me that I am selected. 🙂 All the interviewers were very friendly. Remember, the key is to communicate and DSA of course.