An integer number in base 10 which is divisible by sum of it digits is said to be a Harshad Number. An n-harshad number is an integer number divisible by sum of its digit in base n.
Below are first few Harshad Numbers represented in base 10:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 18, 20………
Given a number in base 10, our task is to check if it is a Harshad Number or not.
Input: 3 Output: 3 is a Harshad Number Input: 18 Output: 18 is a Harshad Number Input: 15 Output: 15 is not a Harshad Number
1. Extract all the digits from the number using % operator and calculate the sum.
2. Check if the number is divisible by sum.
Below is implementation of above idea:
This article is contributed by Harsh Agarwal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Super Niven Numbers
- Number of factors of very large number N modulo M where M is any prime number
- Find minimum number to be divided to make a number a perfect square
- How to check if a given number is Fibonacci number?
- Find the smallest number whose digits multiply to a given number n
- Find n'th number in a number system with only 3 and 4
- Build Lowest Number by Removing n digits from a given number
- Count number of ways to divide a number in 4 parts
- Querying maximum number of divisors that a number in a given range has
- Check if a number is a power of another number
- Find smallest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Find the Largest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Finding number of digits in n'th Fibonacci number
- Smallest number by rearranging digits of a given number
- Super Ugly Number (Number whose prime factors are in given set)
- Number with maximum number of prime factors
- Convert a number m to n using minimum number of given operations
- Determine whether a given number is a Hyperperfect Number
- Find count of digits in a number that divide the number
- Number of times the largest perfect square number can be subtracted from N