Harman Connected Services Interview Experience for Software Engineer | Off-Campus 2021
I got shortlisted through the Elitmus ph test ( scored 82 percentile).
Round 1: Online Assessment
Had an assessment of 25 min with 30 questions mainly on Oops,output-based, and CS fundamentals.
Round 2: Technical interview
The shared screen is on a notepad. He was asked to write functions in order to explain every concept asked below.
I have tried to pen down as many questions as I remember at the moment.
- Duration: 40 min
- Introduce yourself
- Which language do you prefer?
- What is inheritance.?
- Discussion around polymorphism.
- Types of polymorphism
- Explain function overloading and operator overloading.
- What is virtual function table ft.?
- How is function overriding done.?
- What are references in CPP.how it is used?
- How can you access heap storage?
- What is the new and delete keyword.?
- What is dynamic memory allocation.?
- Few codes he wrote and asked if there is an error in that.
- Static variable
- What is the Const keyword?
- Virtual function
- Explain the inline keywords?
- Difference between macro and inline?
- Write a function that returns the factorial of a number.?
- How do you Pass by reference.?
Round 3: Managerial Round
- Duration: 20 min
- He introduced himself and asked for my introduction.
- About the assessment, how was it?
- Your favorite subjects in IT
- What all technologies and projects you have worked on.
- Explain your project and your role in it?
- What are all operating systems you have worked on, and what is the need for it?
- What is a class and object and explain with real-life example?
- How would you create a class in real life?
- A real-life example of multiple inheritances
- Where you have used single inheritance in your programming journey.
- Why do we need inheritance?
- Do you have any offers at hand?
- What do you know about Harman?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Tips: Be thorough with whatever you mention in your resume and revise your basics. Be calm and confident.
For reference, you can go through this link for interview preparation https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n7R1P5XnWInTTl89GPuw0RWOsoDiAsRWRDSwLVMlWNE/edit?usp=sharing
ALL THE BEST !!