HackWithInfy SES Interview Experience 2020
The HackWithInfy consist of 3round
Round 1(Coding Round):
- The Coding round was held on the HackerEarth Coding platform on 30th March 2020.
- It comprises 3 questions with Easy, Medium, and Hard difficulty levels of each.
- The time allotted to solve these questions is 3 hrs.
- I had solved 1 question completely and the rest 2 partially. So, I made it to the next round.
Round 2(Coding Round): This Coding round was also held on the HackerEarth platform on 31st May 2020.
- It also comprises 3 questions but the level of the questions increases.
- In this round, we won’t able to see the number of test cases your code has passed while submitting.
- In my case, I got questions from Strings, PriorityQueue, and Graphs. Based on the performance one can be offered PPI for an SES or PP role.
- I had solved 2 questions and I got PPI for the SES role.
Round 3(Interview): My interview was held online on the Infosys Meridian platform and last for 1 hour.
Interviewer: he introduced himself to me and he said that he has already gone through my resume. So, he asked me to tell him about the technologies that I know.
Interviewer: explain any one of the technology.
Interviewer: explain briefly about your projects.
Me: I had done 3 projects and I explained them.
Interviewer: asked me to explain one of my Android-based projects in detail
Interviewer: asked me questions about that project.
Me: I answered all of them
Interviewer: asked me about my favorite subjects
Me: Data Structure and Algorithms
Interviewer: Another one?
Interviewer: asked Questions from DBMS like codd rules, Normalization, and Joins.
Me: Answered all of them except one question (from codd rules).
Interviewer: are you good at programming
Me: yes sir
Interviewer: if I give you a question can you solve it
Me: yes sir
Interviewer: in which language
Me: Java or Python I am comfortable with any of them sir.
Interviewer: I will give you a logical question, just give me the approach I don’t need the answer. can you do that?
Me: yes sir
Interviewer: I bought 72 identical items. Each item had the same cost ‘X’, and the cost was Rs. _679_ what are the first and last digits? (you can find the problem directly on google).
Me: give him the approach. (even it is a simple problem I literally take 10min to solve this the interview was so nice and he is giving me hints, he was impressed by my approach and said that was a nice idea)( i gave him an approach that is not on google).
Interviewer: Any questions for me?
Me: asked him to share his experience with Infosys
Interviewer: he answered with different types of job roles he did in infosys.
Interviewer: As per company policies I can’t tell you about your performance.
Me: Ok sir.
After 5 days I got a mail that I had selected for the SES role.
Tips for Interview:
- Be confident about your answers. Prepare your resume well. if you dont know the answer, just say that you don’t know. have good knowledge about your projects.
- I had got my stuff from GeeksforGeeks interview experiences and CodeChef(https://discuss.codechef.com/t/preparation-for-se-ses-dse-pp-interview-hack-with-infy-and-infytq/70917). Hope it will be helpful.
Thank you GeeksforGeeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.