HackWithInfy Interview Experience 2020 for SES
HackWithInfy 2020 is a countrywide hackathon open to all B.E., B.Tech, M.E., M.Tech engineering students graduating in 2021. The winning team of the competition received prize money of INR 200,000, the first runner-up team won INR 100,000, and the second runner-up team received INR 50,000.
HackWithInfy 2020 also offered pre-placement interviews for Power Programmer, Systems Engineer Specialist, and Systems Engineer roles at Infosys to over 3,200 top participants of the competition.
Round 1: It was an online coding Competition consisting of 3 questions. Time allocated for solving all 3 questions was 180 mins. The difficulty level of 1st two questions were easy and the 3rd question was of medium level. I solved first two questions and received invitation for 2nd round.
Round 2: It was also an online coding Competition round consisting of 3 questions. The questions were little tougher than the questions of 1st round. Based on the performance one can be offered either System Engineer Specialist Role (SES) or Power Programmer Role(PP). I solved 2 questions and received a Pre-Placement Interview call for System Engineer Specialist role.
Interview Round: Due to COVID-19 pandemic my Interview was held virtually and last for around 1 hour.
The questions I was asked are as follows:
- Please tell me about yourself (It is favorite question of every Interviewer so prepare it very well)
- Tell me about your short term and long term goals.
- Do you wish to study further or Do you want to have your own startup after 1-2 years?
- Tell me about the OOPs concept.
- After this he asked me to do a code showing Inheritance concept in Java.
- Tell me different types of Data Structure.
- Explain me how to print middle node in Linked List.
- After this he asked me about my Final year, my role in project and future scope of project.
- Since my project was based on Machine Learning technology, he asked me some basic questions of ML.
- After this he asked some questions about database and asked me to write some SQL queries.
- At the end he asked me do you have any questions? And I asked 1-2 questions.
After 12 days I received my Selection Letter from Infosys.
Some useful Tips :
- 1) Prepare your Resume well enough (They will focus mainly on Resume).
- 2) Have good and practical knowledge of OOPS.
- 3) Have good knowledge of Data Structures.
- 4) Basic knowledge of the latest trends like ML, Cloud, Big Data.