HackWithInfy Interview Experience 2020 for SES
HackWithInfy 2020 is a countrywide hackathon open to all B.E., B.Tech, M.E., M.Tech engineering students graduating in 2021. The winning team of the competition received prize money of INR 200,000, the first runner-up team won INR 100,000, and the second runner-up team received INR 50,000.
HackWithInfy 2020 also offered pre-placement interviews for Power Programmer, Systems Engineer Specialist, and Systems Engineer roles at Infosys to over 3,200 top participants of the competition.
Round 1: It was an online coding Competition consisting of 3 questions. Time allocated for solving all 3 questions was 180 mins. The difficulty level of 1st two questions were easy and the 3rd question was of medium level. I solved first two questions and received invitation for 2nd round.
Round 2: It was also an online coding Competition round consisting of 3 questions. The questions were little tougher than the questions of 1st round. Based on the performance one can be offered either System Engineer Specialist Role (SES) or Power Programmer Role(PP). I solved 2 questions and received a Pre-Placement Interview call for System Engineer Specialist role.
Interview Round: Due to COVID-19 pandemic my Interview was held virtually and last for around 1 hour.
The questions I was asked are as follows:
- Please tell me about yourself (It is favorite question of every Interviewer so prepare it very well)
- Tell me about your short term and long term goals.
- Do you wish to study further or Do you want to have your own startup after 1-2 years?
- Tell me about the OOPs concept.
- After this he asked me to do a code showing Inheritance concept in Java.
- Tell me different types of Data Structure.
- Explain me how to print middle node in Linked List.
- After this he asked me about my Final year, my role in project and future scope of project.
- Since my project was based on Machine Learning technology, he asked me some basic questions of ML.
- After this he asked some questions about database and asked me to write some SQL queries.
- At the end he asked me do you have any questions? And I asked 1-2 questions.
After 12 days I received my Selection Letter from Infosys.
Some useful Tips :
- 1) Prepare your Resume well enough (They will focus mainly on Resume).
- 2) Have good and practical knowledge of OOPS.
- 3) Have good knowledge of Data Structures.
- 4) Basic knowledge of the latest trends like ML, Cloud, Big Data.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!