Round 1: First Round was a coding round held on HackerEarth on 31 March 2020. It was a 3-hour contest with 3 coding questions.
- The first question was an easy question based on the array I was able to solve completely.
- The second question was a Medium level question, was able to pass few test case only.
- The third question was a Hard level question, didn’t get the time even to read it. The result of Round 1 was out on 17th April, and selected candidates are informed through the given mail id. It wasn’t a webcam-proctored test. (Fact is that I wasn’t aware that there will be hiring with this hackathon and was thinking of it as a normal contest)
Students who solved even one question completely were selected for the next round.
Round 2: It was also a coding round but was a webcam-proctored one. It held on HackerEarth on 31 May 2020.
- It was a 3-hour contest with 3 coding questions. According to my experience, it was easier in comparison to the first round.
- First and Second question was easy and the third was hard. I was able to solve 2 questions but not sure it was correct or not as in this test, we won’t able to see the number of test cases your code has passed while submitting, questions were easy in terms of implementation but were logical to think for example the second question was given a string of digits we have to tell if it was possible to make sum 18 by adding two adjacent digits operation allowed was to delete a digit from start or from middle or from the end. The logic was that only two 9 can make 18 and no other digit sum can make 18.
In July, got a mail for a pre-placement interview offer for SES profile (System Engineer Specialist) from Infosys.
I got a mail on 18th September 2020 that my interview is scheduled for 21st September 2020 at 11:15 am( virtual interview due to pandemic)
- Tell me about yourself.
- Explain your project and what is it use.
- Have any idea about cloud computing.
- Previous round experience.
- Remember any question from the previous round.
- What are the different data structures?
- Application of graph data structure in real life.
- Any questions for me? I asked what are the technologies on which the freshers work, he explained it very nicely.
- Any other questions. I asked for suggestions for improvement based on my performance in the interview.
- He said don’t worry about performance just focus on learning.
Result: Offered SES role.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.