Grouping in Visualization in Tableau
In this article, we will learn how to do Grouping in Visualization in tableau worksheet to do further operations. For this first look into three terms :
- Tableau : Tableau software is one of the fastest-growing data visualization tools which is currently getting used within the BI industry. It is the simplest thanks to changing or transforming the raw set of knowledge into an easily understandable format with zero technical skills and coding knowledge.
- Grouping : Grouping means a set of associated people acting together, especially within a larger organization or the action of putting people or things in a group or groups.
- Visualization : Data Visualization is the presentation of data in graphical format. It helps people understand the significance of data by summarizing and presenting a huge amount of data in a simple and easy-to-understand format and helps communicate information clearly and effectively.
Dataset used in the given examples is Dataset.
For this we have to follow some steps :
- Open the Tableau tool and connect a dataset into it.
- Drag and drop the one sheet of the connected dataset.
- Click on sheet1 to open the tableau worksheet.
- On clicking Sheet1 you will get whole dataset attributes on the left side and a worksheet for work.
- Draw a graph to visualize the data and then apply the grouping technique.
Here, the grouping can be done in two ways :
- By selecting the labels
- By creating a group in attribute manually.
The selection of attributes can be done by using Ctrl + select.
Example 1: By selecting labels
Example 2: By creating a group manually