groupdel command is used to delete a existing group. It will delete all entry that refers to the group, modifies the system account files, and it is handled by superuser or root user.
groupdel [options] GROUP
- /etc/group : It contains the account information of the Group.
- /etc/gshadow : It contains the secure group account information.
Exit values: This command exits with the following values.
- 0: Success
- 2: Invalid Command Syntax.
- 6: Specified group doesn’t exist.
- 8: Can’t remove users primary group.
- 10: Can’t update group file.