An object which has only height and length are called 2-dimensional figures while an abject which has height length and width are called 3-dimensional object.
Examples of 2-D figures:
Examples of 3-dimensional figures:
In a cube length breadth and height are all equal.
length = breadth = height
let’s length, breadth and height as a.
It has 6 square face each with side length a.
Volume of cube = a * a * a Volume of cube = a3 Surface area of cube = 6 * area of one face Surface area of cube = 6 * a2
In a cuboid length breadth and height are not equal.
It has 6 square face,
Volume of cuboid = length * breadth * height Surface area of cuboid = 6 * area of one face Surface area of cuboid = length * breadth + length * breadth + breadth * height + breadth * height + length * height + length * height Surface area of cuboid = 2(length * breadth + breadth * height + length * height )
A sphere has radius, volume and surface area:
Volume of sphere = (4 / 3) * π * radius * radius * radius Volume of sphere = (4 / 3) * π * r3 Surface area of sphere = 4 * &pi * radius * radius Surface area of sphere = 4 * &pi * radius2 Volume of hemisphere = (2 / 3) * π * radius * radius * radius Surface area of sphere = 2 * &pi * radius * radius
A cylinder is a solid or hollow circular shape object with two circular base.
Volume of cylinder = π * radius * radius * h Curved surface area of cylinder = 2 * π * radius * h Total surface area = 2 * π * radius * h + 2 * &pi * radius * radius
A cylinder is a solid or hollow with one circular base and which tappers from base to a point.
Volume of a cone = (1 / 3)π * radius * radius * height Curved surface area of a cone = π * radius * slant height Total surface area of cone = π * radius * slant height + π * radius * radius
Pyramid is 3-d object with polygon base, this polygon base is connected to an apex in pyramid.
Volume of a pyramid = (area of base * height) / 3
- What will be the curved surface area of a cylinder having radius 5cm and height 10cm?
Curved surface area of a cylinder = 2 * π * r * height = 2 * 22 / 7 * 5 * 10 = 314.285714286 cm2
- What will be the slant height of a cone which have curved surface area 990 cm2 and radius 5 cm?
Curved surface area of a cone = π * radius * slant height π * radius * slant height = (22 / 7) * 5 * l l = 63cm
- What is the volume of a square base pyramid having base side 4 cm and height 6cm?
Volume of a square = area of base * height / 3 = 42 * 6 / 3 = 16 * 6 / 3 = 32 cm3
- What will be the volume of a sphere having radius 2.1cm
Volume of a sphere = 4 * π * radius3 / 3 = (4 / 3) * (22 / 7) * 2.13 = 38.808 cm3
- What will be the surface area of a cube having side lenghth breadth and height 8 cm?
Surface area of a cube = 6 * side2 = 6 * 82 = 6 * 64 = 384 cm2
- GRE Geometry | Triangles
- GRE Geometry | Quadrilaterals
- GRE Geometry | Polygons
- GRE Geometry | Circles
- GRE Algebra | Coordinate Geometry
- GRE Geometry | Lines and Angles
- Geek Week – Celebrate The Biggest Programming Festival With GeeksforGeeks
- Must Do Coding Questions for Companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Adobe, ...
- Which is better, the GRE or the GATE?
- How to Prepare for Amazon Software Development Engineering Interview?
- Live Classes for Data Structures and Algorithms: Interview Preparation Focused Course
- Advanced SQL Interview Questions
- Find number of candidates in the Exam
- AMCAT Mock Paper | Verbal Aptitude 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.