An object which has only height and length are called 2-dimensional figures while an abject which has height length and width are called 3-dimensional object.
Examples of 2-D figures:
Examples of 3-dimensional figures:
In a cube length breadth and height are all equal.
length = breadth = height
let’s length, breadth and height as a.
It has 6 square face each with side length a.
Volume of cube = a * a * a Volume of cube = a3 Surface area of cube = 6 * area of one face Surface area of cube = 6 * a2
In a cuboid length breadth and height are not equal.
It has 6 square face,
Volume of cuboid = length * breadth * height Surface area of cuboid = 6 * area of one face Surface area of cuboid = length * breadth + length * breadth + breadth * height + breadth * height + length * height + length * height Surface area of cuboid = 2(length * breadth + breadth * height + length * height )
A sphere has radius, volume and surface area:
Volume of sphere = (4 / 3) * π * radius * radius * radius Volume of sphere = (4 / 3) * π * r3 Surface area of sphere = 4 * &pi * radius * radius Surface area of sphere = 4 * &pi * radius2 Volume of hemisphere = (2 / 3) * π * radius * radius * radius Surface area of sphere = 2 * &pi * radius * radius
A cylinder is a solid or hollow circular shape object with two circular base.
Volume of cylinder = π * radius * radius * h Curved surface area of cylinder = 2 * π * radius * h Total surface area = 2 * π * radius * h + 2 * &pi * radius * radius
A cylinder is a solid or hollow with one circular base and which tappers from base to a point.
Volume of a cone = (1 / 3)π * radius * radius * height Curved surface area of a cone = π * radius * slant height Total surface area of cone = π * radius * slant height + π * radius * radius
Pyramid is 3-d object with polygon base, this polygon base is connected to an apex in pyramid.
Volume of a pyramid = (area of base * height) / 3
- What will be the curved surface area of a cylinder having radius 5cm and height 10cm?
Curved surface area of a cylinder = 2 * π * r * height = 2 * 22 / 7 * 5 * 10 = 314.285714286 cm2
- What will be the slant height of a cone which have curved surface area 990 cm2 and radius 5 cm?
Curved surface area of a cone = π * radius * slant height π * radius * slant height = (22 / 7) * 5 * l l = 63cm
- What is the volume of a square base pyramid having base side 4 cm and height 6cm?
Volume of a square = area of base * height / 3 = 42 * 6 / 3 = 16 * 6 / 3 = 32 cm3
- What will be the volume of a sphere having radius 2.1cm
Volume of a sphere = 4 * π * radius3 / 3 = (4 / 3) * (22 / 7) * 2.13 = 38.808 cm3
- What will be the surface area of a cube having side lenghth breadth and height 8 cm?
Surface area of a cube = 6 * side2 = 6 * 82 = 6 * 64 = 384 cm2
- GRE Geometry | Quadrilaterals
- GRE Geometry | Circles
- GRE Geometry | Polygons
- GRE Geometry | Triangles
- GRE Algebra | Coordinate Geometry
- GRE Geometry | Lines and Angles
- Must Do Coding Questions for Companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Adobe, ...
- Must Do Coding Questions Company-wise
- GATE or GRE - Which One Should I Choose?
- Program to find the last digit of X in base Y
- Google Interview Preparation For Software Engineer - A Complete Guide
- Geek Week – Celebrate The Biggest Programming Festival With GeeksforGeeks
- Which is better, the GRE or the GATE?
- How to Prepare for Amazon Software Development Engineering Interview?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.