Graphical Kernel System is software which used for two-dimensional graphics. It was adopted as first graphics software standard by International Standard Organization (ISO). It has features for drawing in 2-dimensional vector graphics which is suitable for charting and similar purpose. The 2-dimensional computer graphics which is closely related to six output functions of Graphical Kernel System (GKS). These are as follows :
- Polyline –
As from the name ‘poly’ means ‘many’. Polyline is function which has ability to draw one or more straight lines through coordinates` which user has given to them.
- Polymarker –
This function is used to draw a symbol at coordinate which user has provided. There are 5 types of symbols which is used by this software namely : x + * 0.
- Text –
This function is used to add text at given coordinates by user.
- Fill-area –
In this feature, it allows a polygon to be draw and it can be filled with coordinates which are given. There is variety of fill-area which includes hollow, solid and there is also variety of hatching and patterns.
- Cell-array –
In this firstly pattern is defined by user and it outputs in rectangle according to given coordinates by user.
- Generalized Drawing Primitives –
It provides user various kinds of facilities. Mostly all of systems has various kinds of software for arcs of circle or ellipse and also drawing of a smooth curve with set of given points.
There are also two terms related to Graphical Kernel System which follows this as an international standard.
- Computer Graphics Interface (CGI) –
It provides a standard of low-level between actual hardware and Graphical Kernel System and it also help on specification that how device drivers should be written.
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM) –
This is used for transfer purpose i.e to transfer segments of graphics such as pictures from one system to another system and also it is used for archiving purpose.
- Interactive Graphical Techniques in Computer Graphics
- Difference between Management Information System (MIS) and Decision Support System (DSS)
- Difference between Open-Loop Control System and Closed-Loop Control System
- Distributed Database System
- Project Idea | Distributed Downloading System
- Characteristics of data in geographical information system (GIS)
- Expected Properties of a Big Data System
- Constraints in geographical information system (GIS)
- Geographical information system (GIS) and its Components
- Could Computing | Service classes and system codes of conduct in IDaaS
- Components of Image Processing System
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Management Information System (MIS) Models
- Functions of Video Controller in Raster Scan System
- System Scaling - Optimization Trade offs
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.