Google Summer SWE Internship Interview Experience 2022
I applied in August 2021, In September end, I got mail for phone screening round. In October second week my phone screening was scheduled.
Phone Screening Round: He asked me about my preferred language and then move to some basics questions like
- Time complexity of heap sort
- Why merge sort is better than heap sort?
- Which data structure is used for implementation of priority queue?
- Basic questions based on your preferred language
Then I got mail for Round 1
Round 1: 45 mins round ( 5 min for introduction, 35 mins for questions, 5 mins for your questions about company)
- Interview started with my introduction then his introduction, then he directly jump into questions.
- Question is most appropriate mutual friend, you are given a graph and node, in which every node represents a person, neighbors represents friends. You have to find a mutual friend, which have maximum number of common node with given node.
- My approach was based on BFS. I was able to code but I have taken more than the given time for interview and code was also not clean, which were negative points.
Round 2: 45 mins round
- Question was you are given a list, you have to return a list which return list of random elements which consist of all the elements of the given list and double of them. I tell her approach with random function given in java library and she was satisfied with that approach I coded it, but I was not aware about time complexity of this library function, which was negative point.
- Second Question is to reverse first question: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-elements-of-original-array-from-doubled-array/. I coded this question
- Tips: You should take care of time limits of interview.