I interviewed for Google recently and here is my experience in detail. The interview process took around 5 months for completion as they provide you ample amount of time to prepare for your interviews so when you appear for the interview you are in your best form.
HR Round: Google was first company where HR herself took a small rapid-fire round to test if the candidate is even worthy for scheduling a telephonic screening with one of the Google engineer.
- Worst time complexity for Heap sort?
- Merge sort is better or Heap sort? And why?
- Does Quicksort complexity depends on what pivot element we choose like middle one, rightmost one or leftmost one?
- What is the value of 2^24? (Here HR wanted to check how would I approach this calculation provided I don’t have any calculator with me.)
The round was easy for someone who is preparing for Google but it might come as a surprise for some who are not expecting this and might end up giving wrong answers.
Telephonic Round: This round went for exactly 45 mins. The interviewer went straight for the question. In this round it is crucial that you manage the time, code readability & obviously the correctness of the solution that you provide. Moreover you have to code on Google Docs so indenting the code is important for maintaining clean code.
Question: You are given 2 strings which are exactly same but 1 string has an extra character. Find that character.
Approach: Sort the strings and keep matching until you find that extra character because it won’t be present in other string. Time Complexity – O(nlogn).
He asked me to code the solution. After this he asked me to further optimise it without sorting the strings.
- Amazon Interview Experience | SDE-1 offcampus
- Amazon Interview Experience Offcampus for SDE-1
- Mahindra Comviva Interview Experience 2020 (Product/Software Development OffCampus)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 185 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview | Set 97 (On-Campus for SDE1)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 141 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 150 (SDE1 for 1 Year Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 153 (For SDE1)
- Bharti SoftBank (Hike) Interview Experience | Set 4 (Off-Campus for SDE1)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 42 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 184 (Off Campus for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 186 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 187 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 188 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 198 (For SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 213 (Off-Campus for SDE1)
- Expedia Interview Experience | Set 7 (4.5 Years Experienced for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 254 (Off-Campus for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 256 (Written Test for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 258 (For SDE1)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.