Goldman Sachs Interview questions – Onsite (Experience: 1+ years)
Technical rounds – 4
Managerial round – 1
- Round 1
- Explain RESTful web services. Jersey syntax
- What is a race condition?
- What is a segmentation fault?
- What is an abstract class? Can a class be abstract without abstract methods? Difference between an interface and abstract class.
- Why Java doesn’t support multiple inheritances?
- Will static methods be inherited? Can they be overridden?
- Merge sort and quick sort.
- Round 2
- Given an array of 1’s and 0’s. Segregate them.
- Given two sorted arrays with sizes m and n. Merge them into a third array of size m+n.
- A function is given that returns 1 with probability p and returns 0 with probability p-1. Write another function which calls this function and returns 1 and 0 with probability 1/2 each.
- Three ants in corners of triangle puzzle.
- Round 3 (Vice – president)
- Questions on projects I had worked on.
- How HashMaps work in Java?
- Explain JVM architecture.
- How does garbage collector work in Java?
- Given an array of numbers, arrange it in such a way that a1 > a2 < a3 > a4 < a5 > a6 < …..
- Round 4
- Given a linked list, reverse the elements from the beginning in blocks of two. Given: 7 → 4 → 9 → 2 → Null. Output: 4 → 7 → 2 → 9 → Null.
- Given a Rubik’s cube of size n (Made of n^3 smaller cubes). You remove all that is visible from outside. How many cubes are left?
- The 4 people, bridge and one torch puzzle.
- Java generics syntax.
- Implement multiple stacks in one array.
- In an array of positive integers, find Pythagorean triplets in O(n2) runtime.
- Managerial round
- Why do you want to leave your job?
- Why Goldman Sachs?
- Why not Google? (I said I would be happy to work for Google if they offered me a job)
- Are you fine working in proprietary languages?
- 100 gold coins and 5 pirates puzzle.
- What is your notice period?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.