Goldman Sachs Interview questions – Onsite (Experience: 1+ years)
Technical rounds – 4
Managerial round – 1
- Round 1
- Explain RESTful web services. Jersey syntax
- What is a race condition?
- What is a segmentation fault?
- What is an abstract class? Can a class be abstract without abstract methods? Difference between an interface and abstract class.
- Why Java doesn’t support multiple inheritances?
- Will static methods be inherited? Can they be overridden?
- Merge sort and quick sort.
- Round 2
- Given an array of 1’s and 0’s. Segregate them.
- Given two sorted arrays with sizes m and n. Merge them into a third array of size m+n.
- A function is given that returns 1 with probability p and returns 0 with probability p-1. Write another function which calls this function and returns 1 and 0 with probability 1/2 each.
- Three ants in corners of triangle puzzle.
- Round 3 (Vice – president)
- Questions on projects I had worked on.
- How HashMaps work in Java?
- Explain JVM architecture.
- How does garbage collector work in Java?
- Given an array of numbers, arrange it in such a way that a1 > a2 < a3 > a4 < a5 > a6 < …..
- Round 4
- Given a linked list, reverse the elements from the beginning in blocks of two. Given: 7 → 4 → 9 → 2 → Null. Output: 4 → 7 → 2 → 9 → Null.
- Given a Rubik’s cube of size n (Made of n^3 smaller cubes). You remove all that is visible from outside. How many cubes are left?
- The 4 people, bridge and one torch puzzle.
- Java generics syntax.
- Implement multiple stacks in one array.
- In an array of positive integers, find Pythagorean triplets in O(n2) runtime.
- Managerial round
- Why do you want to leave your job?
- Why Goldman Sachs?
- Why not Google? (I said I would be happy to work for Google if they offered me a job)
- Are you fine working in proprietary languages?
- 100 gold coins and 5 pirates puzzle.
- What is your notice period?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.