Goldman Sachs Interview Experience (Off-Campus)
- Introduce yourself
- We spoke for 10 mins over my resume. Asked me to explain my projects. The problems I faced while building the project and how I eventually came around.
- A puzzle boat river bridge puzzle.
- Rotate a matrix in the anticlockwise direction in constant space.
- A DP question (can’t recall)
- Introduce yourself
- Merge two sorted linked lists such that the final list is sorted. Stated 3 different approaches. Asked to write the running code. How would you merge k sorted linked lists? (Explained all approaches)
- Write a function to return true if the given tree is symmetric.
- Given a 2-D matrix with sorted rows and sorted columns. Find whether a number is present in the matrix in O(n). ( I gave (n square) and O(n log n) and eventually figured the O(n) solution). Write its running code.
- Given n boxes with dimensions l,b,r. Find the maximum height of the tower by stacking the boxes on top of each other such that you can rotate any box and the base area of the lower box should be strictly greater than than the base area of the box above it. (Standard DP).
- Asked questions ‘for him’.
- VP (Tech + HR)Round. Introduce yourself.
- How many people travel on a daily basis using the Mumbai local. (Given an approx). How did you reach your answer? (Analysis of every step was expected)
- Write the function to find if the given tree is a binary search tree or not.
- What are the ACID properties? What is Isolation(I) from the properties? Why do we need it? Give an example.
- Imagine a situation where you are interning at Goldman Sachs and you’re assigned a project with a colleague who is another intern like you are. You both put in equal effort, yet he broadcasts and publicizes his contribution to the project while undermining the work you’ve done on the same. People hold him in high regard for the same reasons and this puts your chances of getting a PPO at risk. How would you circumvent/ tackle this situation?
- Why Goldman Sachs?
Verdict: Not Selected
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.