Goldman Sachs Interview Experience for Summer Analyst Internship’21
- The test has 5 sections and duration is 2 hours 15 minutes. All sections are mandatory.
- The Coding section has 2 programming questions and duration is 30 mins.
- The CS multiple choice section has 7 MCQs and duration is 25 mins.
- The Problem Solving multiple choice section has 8 MCQs and duration is 20 mins.
- Each MCQ earns you 5 marks for correct answer and -2 for incorrect answer.
- The Advanced section has 1 programming question and duration is 45 mins.
- The Subjective section has 2 questions and duration is 15 mins.
FIRST INTERVIEW ROUND
- Explain deadlock
- Explain what is Hashmap and linked list. Why we use them? And where do we use them?
- Why we prefer linked list over array?
- What are the time complexity of various operations in both data Hashmap and linked list?
- What do I like about GS more and why do I want to be the part of GS.
SECOND INTERVIEW ROUND
- One coding question medium level
- Second was quiz question -> https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-water-jug-problem/ –> I wasn’t familiar to this quiz at that time. So interviewer saw all my thinking process.
- Then interviewer asked about my project like what is the concept of project, technologies used, etc.
- Latest version of C++
- What is the difference between C++ and C++17
- Name some new features that are introduced in C++17
- What is cloud computing and cloud credits
- Benefits of using cloud computing
- Why you want to be the part of GS
- Give some project idea that can be used in COVID-19
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up