Goldman Sachs Interview Experience for Java Backend Engineer
Interview is given on 14th September 2021 for Hyderabad location Goldman Sachs.
Round 1(Initial Screening): The manager did call and did some initial screening and set the expectation from the candidate and the job profile.
Round 2(Continues 2 hours is blocked): One panelist for one hour and another panelist for the next one hour.
First Hour Questions:
- What is the Binary search Tree? Why do we use it? And what data structure would you use to get the ascending order from BST.
- Simple Maths question like what is square root of 60 and 0.25 * 0.25 and more like that. All orally to be answered.
- Design a Load balancer and how will it balance. If there are some updates on one server how will you balance the load? In case of reverting back of updates how will you take care of the upcoming traffic?
- If there is no geolocation known how can you find the where are users location?
- Scenario-Based: There is a party thrown and each of the guests time in and time out is mentioned. Assuming that the guests holds on to the welcome drink how many welcome drinks will be used? If the guests are coming at disjoint time then the welcome drink glass can be reused. Relevant Data structures and design the solution.
Second Hour Questions:
- There is a list of unsorted integer array elements given. We are given a float value. The solution is to finding the interval it fits in the best.
Example : 4,6 8, 1, 3 , 5 ,10 Given number : 2.3 2.3 can fall in the interval (1,10), (1,5) and so on. But the expected solution is (1,3)
This needs to be done without sorting the array.
- Follow-up question on the same input.
Find the second smallest element without sorting.
expected answer: 3