Goldman Sachs Interview Experience 2021
Recently, Goldman Sachs visited our college for offering FTE analysts for the final year.
I am happy to tell you that I cracked this opportunity and am here to share my experience.
There were overall 4 rounds conducted.
1st Online Assessment round other 3 were Technical Interviews
ROUND 1(Online Test ): The first round was an online test that analyzed the students from various perspectives. There were no eligibility criteria set by the company for the first round just you need to be in the final year. Any branch, with at least 6 CGPA.
- The round was conducted on an online platform (Hacker rank) and consisted of 5 sections and time was allotted section-wise i.e. for each section some time was fixed within which the section must be attempted. Switching between the sections was allowed but whenever you switch to one section the timer of the section starts and the same of the other ones are paused.
- The first section was a coding section in which 2 basic coding questions were asked and around 30 mins were provided to answer the questions. Both the questions were very standard-based, one was based on 90 degrees anti-clockwise rotation of the matrix, and the other one was based on the prefix sum array.
- Second section was containing MCQ’s Aptitude Questions
- The questions were required to be solved in around 20 minutes.
- Third section was the ADVANCE CODING SECTION and was provided in 45 mins. The question was basically based on converting string to binary tree then returning the last path which was the largest among all starting from the root node to any leave of the tree. 45 minutes were enough to code it out and the challenge of the question was just about the implementation once you are good enough to think out the solution.
- Fourth section was subjective type. Time offered was 15 min. 2 questions were asked in this section.
- Both were Behavioral Questions to be answer within 200words.
- Fifth and the last section was of 20 minutes and was containing MCQ’s based on the data structures, oops CN and os based.
- Around 14 students were shortlisted to proceed to the next round.
ROUND 2(Tech Interview): This round was for about 45 minutes.
- The interviewer initially asked me to introduce myself for 5 minutes or so. Then I was given a link where the screen was shared between the interviewer as well as the student, where we can write, run and debug the code. It was Code pair in HackerRank.
- I was asked to find 1st duplicate element in the string. First, we have to explain our approach to the interviewer and then if the interviewer is asked to code then we have to code and explain it out as well here.
- I was able to make the question, and the interviewer was satisfied by my approach and the code.
- He also asked me about GIT, AWS. GCP, OOPs, polymorphism.
- At last, asked me to implement a queue using 2 stacks here.
- All very qualified to next round.
ROUND 3: The interviewer initially asked me to introduce myself. Then the same link which was given in the first round was used again. This round was of about 30 minutes.
- I was asked about a project in my resume. Tech used , schemas etc.
- Rotten mango puzzle.
- and asked to longest palindromic substring.
- All very qualified to next round.
ROUND 4: The interviewer initially asked me to introduce myself. and then started asking me questions from my resume. This round was of about 20 minutes.
- Some of the questions were:
- About projects, which technologies were used, and the motivation of the project and explain what you have contributed to this.
- The interviewer was very strict.
- the interview asked me to write some SQL queries. And also asked to find the largest and smallest element in one iteration.
- Are there some questions for me?
Only 4 were selected and I got FTE offer.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!