Goldman Sachs Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Round 1(Online Test – Time: 135 mins): Difficulty: Hard
There were 5 sections in this round and every section was time-bound.
- 2 coding questions
- Time: 30 min
- Similar to: Traverse a matrix in zig-zag manner
- Check if a number can be written as a sum of ‘k’ prime numbers
- MCQs based on aptitude
- Marking: +5,-2
- Time: 25 min
- 8 MCQs
- MCQs based on CS fundamentals and DSA
- Marking: +5,-2
- Time: 20 min
- 7 MCQs
- The Advanced Programming Section had 1 programming question
- Time: 45 mins.
- Question: Find all occurrences of a given word in a matrix
- 2 HR type questions
- Time: 15 min
- If you are working on some project and you are about to finish it on time but suddenly your partner is not able to continue further than in this case what will you do.
- Anyone instance when you were very excited and determined to do something and you ended up with better results than your expectations.
Each candidate was provided with a HackerRank Code Pair Link for further rounds.
Round 2(Technical Interview – Time: 30 mins): Difficulty: Easy
The interview started with my introduction and then he jumped to coding questions.
- Find minimum and maximum element in an array
- Given an array and a number, find all pairs in array with sum as given number
- The interviewer asked me one puzzle which was: You have a 3 and a 5-litre water container, each container has no markings except for that which gives you its total volume. You also have a running tap. You must use the containers and the tap in such away as to exactly measure out 4 litres of water. How is this done?
Round 3(Technical Interview – Time: 45 mins): Difficulty: Medium
- The interview started with my introduction and the interviewer gave his introduction as well.
- This round was based on DSA and Resume.
- The interviewer asked me some questions based on my resume and projects.
- Find maximum possible stolen value from houses
- Print Right View of a Binary Tree
- Search in a row wise and column wise sorted matrix
Round 4(Technical – Time: 30 mins): Difficulty: Medium
- In this round there were 2 interviewers. They asked for my introduction and then introduced themselves.
- I was asked one coding question, one theory question and one puzzle in this round.
- Coding Question: Container with Most Water
- The theory question was: Suppose you have 2 functions, lets say first is A, and another is B. Function A takes 2 values as parameter and returns sum of these two numbers. Function B is used by A to add the two numbers. Now there is another function C going on which is trying to access those two variables, and we some how want to prevent function C from accessing those two variables because it can change the value of those two variables. The condition is that you can’t use classes. So find out how to prevent the function C from accessing those two variables.
- Puzzle: was similar to Pay an employee using a gold rod of 7 units
- During interviews keep explaining your thought process to your interviewer, their main objective is to check your problem-solving skills.
- For aptitude practice, you can refer to indiabix website.
- Goldman Sachs is famous for asking puzzles, so make sure to read them before your interviews from GeeksForGeeks( Link: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzles/#Puzzles )
- Instead of having long list of projects, having one good project in your resume which solves some real life problem is enough.
- Stay calm and answer the questions confidently.
All the best!
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...