C++ is a general-purpose programming language and widely used nowadays for competitive programming. It has imperative, object-oriented and generic programming features. C++ runs on lots of platform like Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac, etc.
Go is a procedural programming language. It was developed in 2007 by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson at Google but launched in 2009 as an open-source programming language. Programs are assembled by using packages, for efficient management of dependencies. This language also supports environment adopting patterns alike to dynamic languages.
Here are some of the differences between Golang and C++ language:
|Go is a procedural and concurrent programming language.||C++ is an object-oriented programming language.|
|Go does not contain classes with constructors and deconstructors.||C++ does contain classes with constructors and deconstructors.|
|Go language provides automatic garbage collection for allocating memory.||C++ language does not provide automatic garbage collection for allocating memory.|
|Go language contains pointers, but does not contain arithmetic pointer.||C++ language contains both pointers as well as arithmetic pointers.|
|In Go language, map is passed by reference.||In C++, map is passed by value.|
|It does not use header files. Instead of header file, go use packages. It uses import to import external packages.||It contain header file and does not contain package.|
|It does not support implicit type conversion.||It support implicit type conversion.|
|It does not support function overloading and also does not support user defined operators.||It support function overloading and also support user defined operators.|
|It does not support const or volatile qualifiers.||It supports const and volatile qualifiers.|
|It provides nil for invalid pointers.||It provides NULL or 0 or nullptr for invalid pointers|
|Go use panic and recover for resolving error.||C++ use try, catch, and throw for resolving error.|
|It does not have while or do-while statements. But for loop can be used like a while loop.||It have while or do-while statements.|
|It is more strong typed as comparison to C++ language.||It is less strong typed as compare to Go language.|
|Go contains goroutines and channel.||C++ has threads.|
|Go does not support inheritance. But it provides an alternative in the form of Embedding.||C++ supports inheritance.|
Rated as one of the most sought after skills in the industry, own the basics of coding with our C++ STL Course and master the very concepts by intense problem-solving.
- Maximum value of unsigned long long int in C++
- Difference between Array and Union in C
- Difference Between Shallow copy VS Deep copy in Pandas Dataframes
- Difference between Project Engineer and Construction Engineer
- Difference between Project Engineer and Control Engineer
- Difference between Project Engineer and Application Engineer
- Difference between Project Engineer and Planning Engineer
- Difference between Project Engineer and Production Engineer
- Difference between Project Engineer and Resident Engineer
- Difference between <i> and <em> tag of HTML
- Difference between C.V.T and U.P.S
- Difference between DOS and Unix
- Difference between SONET and SDH
- Difference between End-to-end Testing and Unit Testing
- Difference between Project Engineer and Mechanical Engineer
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : sreeramnarayanan1