Given two binary strings A and B of length N and M (up to 105). The task is to repeat the below process and find the answer.
Initialize ans = 0 while (B > 0) ans += A & B (bitwise AND) B = B / 2 print ans
Note: Answer can be very large so print Answer % 1000000007.
Input: A = "1001", B = "10101" Output: 11 1001 & 10101 = 1, ans = 1, B = 1010 1001 & 1010 = 8, ans = 9, B = 101 1001 & 101 = 1, ans = 10, B = 10 1001 & 10 = 0, ans = 10, B = 1 1001 & 1 = 1, ans = 11, B = 0 Input: A = "1010", B = "1101" Output: 12
Approach: Since only B is getting affected in all the iterations and dividing a binary number by 2 means right shifting it by 1 bit, it can be observed that a bit in A will only be affected by the set bits in B which are on the left i.e. more significant than the current bit (including the current bit). For example, A = “1001” and B = “10101”, the least significant bit in A will only be affected by the set bits in B i.e. 3 bits in total and the most significant bit in A will only be affected by a single set bit in B i.e. the most significant bit in B as all the other set bits will not affect it in any iteration of the loop while performing bitwise AND, so the final result will be 20 * 3 + 23 * 1 = 3 + 8 = 11.
Below is the implementation of the above approach.
- Add n binary strings
- Program to add two binary strings
- Bitwise AND of N binary strings
- Generate all binary strings from given pattern
- Generate all the binary strings of N bits
- Count number of binary strings without consecutive 1's
- Count of non-overlapping sub-strings "101" and "010" in the given binary string
- Count number of binary strings of length N having only 0's and 1's
- Count binary strings with twice zeros in first half
- Number of Binary Strings of length N with K adjacent Set Bits
- Find the number of binary strings of length N with at least 3 consecutive 1s
- Generate all binary strings of length n with sub-string "01" appearing exactly twice
- Check if it is possible to perform the given Grid Division
- Find a permutation of 2N numbers such that the result of given expression is exactly 2K
- Count binary strings with k times appearing adjacent two set bits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.