In inheritance, subclass acquires super class properties. An important point to note is, when subclass object is created, a separate object of super class object will not be created. Only a subclass object object is created that has super class variables.
This situation is different from a normal assumption that a constructor call means an object of the class is created, so we can’t blindly say that whenever a class constructor is executed, object of that class is created or not.
super class constructor super class object hashcode :366712642 Apple sub class constructor sub class object hashcode :366712642 366712642 366712642 Apple Apple
As we can see that both super class(Fruit) object hashcode and subclass(Apple) object hashcode are same, so only one object is created. This object is of class Apple(subclass) as when we try to print name of class which object is created, it is printing Apple which is subclass.
This article is contributed by Gaurav Miglani. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Why Constructors are not inherited in Java?
- How to Optimize String Creation in Java?
- Java Program to Create an Object for Class and Assign Value in the Object Using Constructor
- Does JVM create object of Main class (the class with main())?
- Collator compare(Object, Object) method in Java with Example
- Java.lang.Class class in Java | Set 1
- Java.lang.Class class in Java | Set 2
- Object class in Java
- Object level and Class level locks in Java
- Using predefined class name as Class or Variable name in Java
- Java.util.TimeZone Class (Set-2) | Example On TimeZone Class
- Implement Pair Class with Unit Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Triplet Class with Pair Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Quintet Class with Quartet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Quartet Class with Triplet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Octet Class from Septet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Ennead Class from Octet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Sextet Class from Quintet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Septet Class from Sextet Class in Java using JavaTuples
- Implement Decade Class from Ennead Class in Java using JavaTuples