Consider the below Java program.
Hi Geek (from main) Hi, Geek Hi, Dear Geek, My Geek
The main method in Java is no extra-terrestrial method. Apart from the fact that main() is just like any other method & can be overloaded in a similar manner, JVM always looks for the method signature to launch the program.
- The normal main method acts as an entry point for the JVM to start the execution of program.
- We can overload the main method in Java. But the program doesn’t execute the overloaded main method when we run your program, we need to call the overloaded main method from the actual main method only.
This article is contributed by Himanshi Gupta. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Main thread in Java
- Valid variants of main() in Java
- Is main method compulsory in Java?
- Overloading in Java
- What are the main differences between the Java platform and other platforms?
- Replacing 'public' with 'private' in "main" in Java
- Static Block and main() method in Java
- How to overload and override main method in Java
- Constructor Overloading in Java
- Different ways of Method Overloading in Java
- Output of Java program | Set 22 (Overloading)
- Method Overloading with Autoboxing and Widening in Java
- Java Function/Constructor Overloading Puzzle
- Method Overloading and Ambiguity in Varargs in Java
- Method overloading and null error in Java
- Understanding public static void main(String args) in Java
- Execute main() multiple times without using any other function or condition or recursion in Java
- Does JVM create object of Main class (the class with main())?
- Understanding "static" in "public static void main" in Java
- In Java, Can we call the main() method of a class from another class?