Given a Pandas dataframe, we need to find the frequency counts of each item in one or more columns of this dataframe. This can be achieved in multiple ways:
Method #1: Using
This method is applicable to pandas.Series object. Since each DataFrame object is a collection of Series object, we can apply this method to get the frequency counts of values in one column.
Method #2: Using
This method can be used to count frequencies of objects over single columns. After grouping a DataFrame object on one column, we can apply
count() method on the resulting groupby object to get a DataFrame object containing frequency count.
Method #3: Using
This method can be used to count frequencies of objects over single or multiple columns. After grouping a DataFrame object on one or more columns, we can apply
size() method on the resulting groupby object to get a Series object containing frequency count.
- Difference of two columns in Pandas dataframe
- How to rename columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Python | Pandas DataFrame.columns
- Dealing with Rows and Columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Conditional operation on Pandas DataFrame columns
- Iterating over rows and columns in Pandas DataFrame
- How to select multiple columns in a pandas dataframe
- How to drop one or multiple columns in Pandas Dataframe
- Change Data Type for one or more columns in Pandas Dataframe
- Split a String into columns using regex in pandas DataFrame
- Split a text column into two columns in Pandas DataFrame
- Using dictionary to remap values in Pandas DataFrame columns
- Create a new column in Pandas DataFrame based on the existing columns
- Python | Delete rows/columns from DataFrame using Pandas.drop()
- Python | Pandas DataFrame.fillna() to replace Null values in dataframe
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.