The familiarity of the getParameter() method in getting data, especially form data, from a client HTML page to a JSP page is dealt with here. The request.getParameter() is being used here to retrieve form data from client side.
Steps to be followed
1) First, a html page exGetParameter.html accepts data from the client. The client enters text in the space provided and clicks on ‘Submit’.
2) Immediately the getparam.jsp page gets called, it being mentioned in the action tag.
3) This JSP page fetches the data using getParameter() method and displays the same to the user.
Note: Entire application has been developed and tested on NetBeans IDE 8.1.
Page to accept client data : exGetParameter.html page
Page to fetch client data : getparam.jsp
Client Data : exGetParameter.html
After clicking on ‘Submit’ the following screen appears.
Fetched Data from Client : getparam.jsp
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- getAttribute() - Passing data from Server to JSP
- Spring MVC with JSP View
- Program to validate a user using JSP
- Introduction to JSP
- Exception handling in JSP
- Environment setup for JSP
- Life cycle of JSP
- Difference between Servlet and JSP
- Directives in JSP
- JSP | Declaration Tag
- JSP | ScriptletTag
- JSP | Expression tag
- JSP | Implicit Objects - request and response
- JSTL | JSP Standard Tag Library
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- JSP Access Model
- How to display search result of another page on same page using ajax in JSP?
- Classes of JSP API
- Difference Between JSP and PHP
- What is JSP Filters?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.