Pandas DataFrame is a two-dimensional size-mutable, potentially heterogeneous tabular data structure with labeled axes (rows and columns).
Now let’s see how to get the specified row value of a given DataFrame.
We shall be using loc[ ], iloc[ ], and [ ] for a data frame object to select rows and columns from our data frame.
- iloc[ ] is used to select rows/ columns by their corresponding labels.
- loc[ ] is used to select rows/columns by their indices.
- [ ] is used to select columns by their respective names.
Method 1: Using iloc[ ].
Example: Suppose you have a pandas dataframe and you want to select a specific row given its index.
Method 2: Using loc[ ].
Example: Suppose you want to select rows where the value of a given column is given.
Method 3: Using [ ] and iloc[ ].
Example: Suppose you want only the values pertaining to specific columns of a specific row.
- Get a list of a specified column of a Pandas DataFrame
- Get a specific row in a given Pandas DataFrame
- Select row with maximum and minimum value in Pandas dataframe
- Extract date from a specified column of a given Pandas DataFrame using Regex
- How to display bar charts in Pandas dataframe on specified columns?
- Insert row at given position in Pandas Dataframe
- Convert given Pandas series into a dataframe with its index as another column on the dataframe
- How to get column and row names in DataFrame?
- Python | Change column names and row indexes in Pandas DataFrame
- Apply function to every row in a Pandas DataFrame
- Add a row at top in pandas DataFrame
- Select any row from a Dataframe in Pandas | Python
- Select any row from a Dataframe using iloc and iat in Pandas
- How to Sort a Pandas DataFrame based on column names or row index?
- Apply a function to each row or column in Dataframe using pandas.apply()
- How to add one row in an existing Pandas DataFrame?
- Python | Pandas DataFrame.fillna() to replace Null values in dataframe
- Pandas Dataframe.to_numpy() - Convert dataframe to Numpy array
- Get all rows in a Pandas DataFrame containing given substring
- Get column index from column name of a given Pandas DataFrame
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.