An HTML element can be hidden with the help of .hide() jQuery function or we can hide easily by making visibility equals hidden in CSS. We can easily find the height of this hidden element in jQuery.
There are two kinds of height that are defined with the every HTML element i.e, innerHeight and the outerHeight of the element:
- innerHeight: This height is considered when the width of the border is not considered for the selected element.
- outerHeight: This height is considered when the width of the border is considered for the selected element.
Example-1: This example show how to calculate innerHeight of the hidden element.
Here, border width will not be added to the result.
Example-2: This example show hoe to calculate outerHeight of the hidden element.
Here, border width will be added to the result.
- How to check if an element is hidden in jQuery?
- jQuery | :hidden Selector
- jQuery | height() and innerHeight() with Examples
- How to remove parent element except its child element using jQuery ?
- jQuery | Move an element into another element
- How to select an element by name with jQuery?
- How to create a div element in jQuery ?
- How to change the element id using jQuery ?
- jQuery | element + next Selector
- How to get focused element using jQuery?
- jQuery | element Selector
- jQuery | Create a div element
- jQuery | element ~ siblings Selector
- How to find element with specific ID using jQuery ?
- How to hide div element after few seconds in jQuery ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.