Get MICR Code using Python
MICR stands for Magnetic Ink Character Recognition which is generally used in a bank. This is a 9 digit code to identify the location of the bank branch. MICR code is a code printed on cheques using MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition technology). This enables identification of the cheques and which in turns means faster processing. In this article, we are going to write a python script to Get MICR code using bank information.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning - Basic Level Course
- bs4: Beautiful Soup(bs4) is a Python library for pulling data out of HTML and XML files. This module does not come built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install bs4
- requests: Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. This module also does not comes built-in with Python. To install this type the below command in the terminal.
pip install requests
- Import module
- Merge bank information into URL
- Make requests instance and pass into URL
- Pass the requests into a Beautifulsoup() function
- traverse the MICR code into soup object
MICR Code : 800485005