In python dictionaries, following is a conventional method to access a value for a key.
The problem that arises here is that the 3rd line of the code returns a key error :
Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\dic.py", line 3, in print (dic["C"]) KeyError: 'C'
The get() method is used to avoid such situations. This method returns the value for the given key, if present in the dictionary. If not, then it will return None (if get() is used with only one argument).
1 None Not Found !
This article is contributed by Mayank Rawat .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python - Convert Dictionaries List to Order Key Nested dictionaries
- Python | Subtraction of dictionaries
- Python - Maximum available value Dictionaries
- Python | Merging two Dictionaries
- Python | Sum list of dictionaries with same key
- Python | Segregating key's value in list of dictionaries
- Python | Get values of particular key in list of dictionaries
- Count dictionaries in a list in Python
- Python | Merging two list of dictionaries
- Python - Detect loop in Dictionaries
- Python | Intersect two dictionaries through keys
- Python - Removing Nested None Dictionaries
- Python | Flatten given list of dictionaries
- Python | Set Difference in list of dictionaries
- Python - Compare Dictionaries on certain Keys
- Python - Distinct Flatten dictionaries
- Python | Common items among dictionaries
- Python | Difference in keys of two dictionaries
- Python | Combine the values of two dictionaries having same key
- Python - Convert String to List of dictionaries