In python dictionaries, following is a conventional method to access a value for a key.
The problem that arises here is that the 3rd line of the code returns a key error :
Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\dic.py", line 3, in print (dic["C"]) KeyError: 'C'
The get() method is used to avoid such situations. This method returns the value for the given key, if present in the dictionary. If not, then it will return None (if get() is used with only one argument).
1 None Not Found !
This article is contributed by Mayank Rawat .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python - Convert Dictionaries List to Order Key Nested dictionaries
- Python | Get values of particular key in list of dictionaries
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Handling missing keys in Python dictionaries
- Ways to sort list of dictionaries by values in Python - Using lambda function
- Ways to sort list of dictionaries by values in Python – Using itemgetter
- Python | Common items among dictionaries
- Python | Merging two Dictionaries
- Python | Set Difference in list of dictionaries
- Python | Split dictionary of lists to list of dictionaries
- Python | Removing dictionary from list of dictionaries
- Python | Difference in keys of two dictionaries
- Python | Combine the values of two dictionaries having same key
- Python | Intersect two dictionaries through keys
- Python | Sum list of dictionaries with same key
- Python | Sort given list of dictionaries by date
- Python | Flatten given list of dictionaries
- Python | Merging two list of dictionaries
- Python | Remove duplicate dictionaries from nested dictionary
- Python | Subtraction of dictionaries