In python dictionaries, following is a conventional method to access a value for a key.
The problem that arises here is that the 3rd line of the code returns a key error :
Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\dic.py", line 3, in print (dic["C"]) KeyError: 'C'
The get() method is used to avoid such situations. This method returns the value for the given key, if present in the dictionary. If not, then it will return None (if get() is used with only one argument).
1 None Not Found !
This article is contributed by Mayank Rawat .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python | Merging two Dictionaries
- Python | Sum list of dictionaries with same key
- Python | Subtraction of dictionaries
- Python | Common items among dictionaries
- Python | Intersect two dictionaries through keys
- Python | Flatten given list of dictionaries
- Python | Merging two list of dictionaries
- Python | Difference in keys of two dictionaries
- Python | Get values of particular key in list of dictionaries
- Python | Combine the values of two dictionaries having same key
- Python | Set Difference in list of dictionaries
- Python | Segregating key's value in list of dictionaries
- Python | Sort given list of dictionaries by date
- Handling missing keys in Python dictionaries
- Python | Removing dictionary from list of dictionaries