Given a string, extract the first letter of each word in it. “Words” are defined as contiguous strings of alphabetic characters i.e. any upper or lower case characters a-z or A-Z.
Input : Geeks for geeks Output :Gfg Input : United Kingdom Output : UK
This article is contributed by Gaurav Miglani. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Print first letter of each word in a string using regex
- Extracting each word from a String using Regex in Java
- String containing first letter of every word in a given string with spaces
- Count of words whose i-th letter is either (i-1)-th, i-th, or (i+1)-th letter of given word
- Check if a string contains only alphabets in Java using Regex
- First uppercase letter in a string (Iterative and Recursive)
- Get K-th letter of the decoded string formed by repeating substrings
- Check if the string contains consecutive letters and each letter occurs exactly once
- Number of positions where a letter can be inserted such that a string becomes palindrome
- Program to find all match of a regex in a string
- Extract maximum numeric value from a given string | Set 2 (Regex approach)
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string
- Regex Boundary Matchers in Java
- Java | Removing whitespaces using Regex
- Most frequent word in first String which is not present in second String