In this article we will see how we can get the current gold price in India. There is a variation in price of gold with time to time, price of gold is moved by a combination of supply, demand, and investor behavior. That seems simple enough, yet the way those factors work together is sometimes counterintuitive.
Modules required and Installation:
Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. There’s no need to manually add query strings to your URLs.
pip install requests
Beautiful Soup is a library that makes it easy to scrape information from web pages. It sits atop an HTML or XML parser, providing Pythonic idioms for iterating, searching, and modifying the parse tree.
pip install beautifulsoup4
We have the google search URL of the gold price from that we have scrape the price of the gold in Indian rupees and store it in a variable, which we further print it.
Below is the implementation.
10g of 24k gold (99.9%): 42, 460 INR
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Get Bit Coin price in real time using Python
- Build a GUI Application to Get Live Stock Price using Python
- PyQt5 - Application to get the price of BitCoin
- Amazon product price tracker using Python
- Python | Find Hotel Prices using Hotel price comparison API
- Analyzing selling price of used cars using Python
- Flight-price checker using Python and Selenium
- Python - Cost computation using Frequency and Price dictionary
- Web Scraping CryptoCurrency price and storing it in MongoDB using Python
- Build Fuel Price Tracker Using Python
- Get parent of current directory using Python
- Get current date using Python
- Get current time in milliseconds using Python
- Get Current Date and Time using Python
- Get Current Time in different Timezone using Python
- Get current timestamp using Python
- Python - Get Today's Current Day using Speech Recognition
- Share Price Forecasting Using Facebook Prophet
- Get directory of current Python script
- Python program to get Current Time
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.